Our goal for the summer Community Assessment is to dialogue with 1-5% of Monterey County residents of all ages in order to shine a light on community conditions and aspirations of residents for their quality of life, including but not limited to education, income (economic self-sufficiency), and health.
Make your voice heard by telling us what is important to you. What does the best version of Monterey County look like to you? Your answers will help local nonprofits, businesses, and public agencies identify the most effective ways to improve our County. Encourage others around you to take the survey so that our results will represent as much of Monterey County as possible and can best help the IMC network to establish the community priorities.
As part of our community planning efforts, we are engaging with the public this summer by holding a series of Community Conversations throughout the county. We are doing this because we believe that it is essential to incorporate the voice of the people who live and work in Monterey County into our community planning.
The conversations are taking place in English
or Spanish from June 01 – August 31, 2019,
and include the following:
- 5-10 people gathering in a relaxed, inviting setting – a home, workplace, church or neighborhood center
- Conversations take place in English or Spanish
- 90 minutes of discussion about participants’ aspirations for our community’s quality of life – What kind of community do you want?
- Questions focus on aspirations in the areas of health, safety, education, and financial stability
- IMC can provide a facilitator and a note-taker for each Community Conversation
- IMC can train you to be a facilitator and/or note-taker for each Community Conversation Individual names and personal information are not shared as part of the results
Conduct Primary Research with community members (residents), stakeholders and institutional representatives, and youth.
- Community Conversations
- Survey research, including the integration of social media.
- One-on-One Interviews
Conduct Secondary Research (concurrent with primary research).
- Conduct data analysis of indicators related to education, safety, economic self-sufficiency, and health.
- Conduct literature reviews of underlying barriers related to education, safety, economic self-sufficiency, and health.
Analyze Findings & Prioritize Goals*
- Frame community-level goals and compare them to findings from 2015. (Click here to find out more about the 2015
- Conduct reality checks circles with community members to test conclusions and established community-level goals.
*After we have finished conducting primary research using the above assessment tools
We would greatly appreciate your participation in our 2019 Community Assessment. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your time, and for all the great work you are doing in Monterey County!